Three major wars, substantial territorial annexation, and a new format for the election of Consuls, all occurred between 349 to 300 BCE (late 4th Century BCE). Dr. Gary Forsythe, Associate Professor, Department of History, Texas Tech University, makes a fifth appearance on the show to explain the events.
Dr. Forsythe has previously appeared on the show in these episodes:
- Roman Republic in the Early 4th Century w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (July 31, 2021)
- Roman Republic in the Fifth Century w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (July 18, 2021)
- Roman Kingdom to Republic w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (June 7, 2021)
- Myths & Legends of the Founding of Rome w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (April 27, 2021)
Listen to the episode
- Dr. Forsythe is author of nine books including A Critical History of Early Rome: From Prehistory to the First Punic War (University of California Press, 2006)