Three major wars, substantial territorial annexation, and a new format for the election of Consuls, all occurred between 349 to 300 BCE (late 4th Century BCE). Dr. Gary Forsythe, Associate Professor, Department of History, Texas Tech University, makes a fifth appearance on the show to explain the events.
Dr. Forsythe has previously appeared on the show in these episodes:
- Roman Republic in the Early 4th Century w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (July 31, 2021)
- Roman Republic in the Fifth Century w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (July 18, 2021)
- Roman Kingdom to Republic w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (June 7, 2021)
- Myths & Legends of the Founding of Rome w. Dr. Gary Forsythe (April 27, 2021)
Listen to the episode
The episode can be streamed below and is also available on major podcast apps: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
- Dr. Forsythe is author of nine books including A Critical History of Early Rome: From Prehistory to the First Punic War (University of California Press, 2006)
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.